2017 National Qualifier - Landisville - August 11-13
2017 National Qualifier - Landisville
August 11 - 13
Hempfield Sports Complex
950 Church StreetLandisville, PA 17538 Tournament Director: Jennifer Smith (800) 832-6836 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Deadline: July 30th
MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED OUTDOORS ON HARD COURTS. ADDITIONAL SITE(S) MAY BE USED
- Winning teams of any official Mylan World TeamTennis (WTT) local league division are eligible to attend one National Qualifier within 12 months from the date their local league ended. Teams may also compete in the qualifier immediately following the 12 months. If the winning team is unable to compete in any National Qualifier within the 12 months plus the immediate qualifier, the second team will be able to attend within the same time frame.
- For every four (4) teams in any official Mylan WTT local league division, one (1) team will qualify.
- All players must provide an NTRP rating. Ratings from the start of the local league will be used. If a player has not played in a USTA league to generate a rating, a self-rating will be accepted. Additional rating information can be found here.
- All players must be registered Mylan WTT members and must be at least 18 years of age prior to the start of the National Qualifier. All players participating in the Senior divisions must be at least 50 years of age (or 60 if playing in the 60+ divisions) within the calendar year.
- Teams entering the Senior or Super Senior divisions qualify to attend a National Qualifier by either winning their local league or tournament (if one is available) or by assembling a team if a local league or tournament is not available. Assembled teams will use the most current NTRP ratings on file.
- Only those players registered on the original local league roster are eligible to play in a National Qualifier. All players must have played at least two (2) local matches for their qualifying team. A team must have played at least three (3) matches. A maximum of 10 rostered players per team may participate.
- Each team attending will be allowed to add one (1) alternate player to their National Qualifier roster as long as he/she is registered and played in at least two matches in any official Mylan WTT local league(s) within 14 months of the National Qualifier. If the alternate is coming from the league/season in which the team qualified, the alternate player is able to use their rating from the start of the local league (unless their rating has been adjusted more than 1/2 a point). If the alternate is coming from a league/season that is different than the league/season that the team qualified, they must use their most current rating on file.
- List all team members on your entry, even those not attending. Only those players listed on the National Qualifier entry are eligible to compete at the Mylan WTT Nationals.
- Rosters (including NTRP ratings) and photo I.D.'s will be check, prior to and at the tournament, respectively.
- A player may compete on two (2) teams at the same National Qualifier as long as the teams are in different divisions. No special scheduling will be accommodated.
- Teams are guaranteed a minimum of two matches.
- The first 16 completed entries for each division will be guaranteed a spot in the event.
- Confirmation letters will be sent to team captains at least one week prior to the event.
- Final decisions will be made by the tournament director.
DIVISIONS OFFERED: 3.0 & under ; 3.5 & under ; 4.0 & under ; 4.5 & under ; 50+ Senior 3.5 & under ; 50+ Senior 4.0 & under ; 50+ Senior 4.5 & under ; 60+ Senior 3.5 & under ; 60+ Senior 4.0 & under
HOW TO DETERMINE WHAT DIVISION YOUR TEAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR:
The average NTRP rating of the top two men and top two women is used to determine a team's level of competition.
John 4.0 Sally 3.5 Alex 4.0 Joan 4.0 Mike 3.5 Ann 3.5
The best 4 players are: 4.0 + 4.0 + 4.0 + 3.5 = 15.515.5 divided by 4 players = 3.8
This team would compete in the 4.0 & under division
- With the exception of the Super Senior (60+) divisions, the standard Mylan WTT format will be used (two courts; six sets; six games per set; nine-point tiebreaker at five games all; no-ad scoring; play service lets).
- The Super Senior (60+) divisions will not play singles and will play eight games per set with a nine-point tiebreaker at seven games all.
- In the event of inclement weather, the five set (one court) format may be used.
ENTRY DEADLINE & FEE:
- Entry form (to be completed online) and fee is due by Friday, July 30th.
- A $30.00 late entry fee will be assessed to any team registering after the entry deadline.
- Entry fee is $300.00 per team. Online payment or check payable to WTT accepted. Tournament director can also collect credit card information over the phone for those not comfortable paying online.
- Entry fee includes balls, court time, clinic, awards, and much more! Awards will be presented to the Champion and Finalist team members present in each division.
Friday, August 11
NOON Captain's meeting - each team must have one representative at the meeting
1:00pm First round matches begin
Saturday, August 12
8:00am Tournament play continues
Sunday, August 13
8:00am Tournament play continues
4:00pm Tournament play completed
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, 150 Granite Run Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601
Contact the hotel directly at (717) 581-1800 and mention "All Points Tennis" for the group rate. Rate is $135 plus tax. Group rate is valid until July 10th or until the room block is sold out, whichever happens first.