World TeamTennis now has a quick and exciting twist. The X TeamTennis format features co-ed teams of a minimum of one male and one female and maximum of 2 men and 2 women, competing in three sets - men's and women's singles and mixed doubles. The X TeamTennis format is a variation of the WTT format, used in both the WTT Professional League and WTT Recreational League. The format includes no-ad scoring and coaching. The winning team is the team that wins the most total games!
- Teams compete in WTT Professional Team cities and are held in conjunction with a Mylan WTT Professional Match.
- Teams are recognized on court at a Mylan WTT Professional Team home match.
- Participants must have played high school tennis during the previous academic year. For more information, please contact: Delaine Mast , WTT, 866-PLAY-WTT.
Tournament Eligibility Rules
· Participants MUST be playing high school tennis during the 2016-17 school year.
· High schools are NOT limited to one team, but preference given to first teams from different schools to enter
· Players must play for the same high school; or if it is an all-boys or all-girls school, they must partner with a player from another all-girls or all-boys school.
· The high school coach is not required to attend; however, one parent/adult supervisor is required to chaperone and assist.
Date: Tuesday, July 18
Location: Banneker Recreation Center Tennis Courts, 2500 9th St NW, Wash., DC 20001
Contact: Ronnie Goodall: 202.302.2841 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $25/person for USTA members or $30 per person for non USTA members (Includes: T-shirt, Wilson Cynch Sack, Snacks, drinks, tennis balls, WTT membership, tickets to High School Night of the Kastles, Saturday, July 18 & on-court recognition for all participants. Click to pay the entry fee via PayPal.
Register: Players must register online here
Deadline: July 10, 2017
Entries: First 16 teams to register are guaranteed a spot. (Additional entries will be put on an alternate wait list.) Get your entries in early!
Format: Each Team guaranteed a minimum of 3 matches.